"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~by

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."   ~by

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Short Time on the Water Today

Was able to get out for a quick fish before a storm hit today. Thought I was going to be out longer from the looks of the radar I checked but after about a half hour the wind picked up and the sky looked bad. Just as I was thinking it was time to get off the lake because of the close by thunder a nice 20" lake trout hit my line. He gave a great fight. Wanted nothing to do with coming up to the surface. Just kept diving to the bottom. Finally tired and came to the net. He hit on a Winni Smelt. This  seems to be my go to streamer. Most of the fish I've got this season since the ice went out have been on it.

Here's a photo before he went back to the deep.

1 comment:

  1. My go to streamer this past year was a white zuddler, but I'm fishing for tailwater trout that feast on the big fat shad that get sucked out of the bottom of the dam. That's a nice, dark fish.

    ReplyDelete